1. I confess my weaknesses and I ask for forgiveness. This one is hard because you have to say these things out loud and talk it over with the Holy Spirit.
2. I also confess my weaknesses to my accountability partner. When you don’t confess to a trusted Christian friend, the enemy can put guilt trips all over your mind!
3. I fight the enemy by confessing out loud, “May the blood of Jesus Christ repel and rebuke the enemy!” I learned this from my grandmother.
4. I don’t blame the enemy for everything because most of the time I get in my own way. I have to be brutally honest with myself and the Holy Spirit, so I can do effective ministry. This is an ongoing growth area for me.
5. The most important thing is to keep an open dialogue with the Holy Spirit – I talk out loud – I praise out loud – I confess out loud!
6. I realize that my mind has the power to bring me down, so I control it by reading God’s word, listening to worship music and asking for his POWER!
7. I focus on caring for others so that I can get myself out of my prayers – as my mentor Joyce Meyer suggests!
8. I also take time to enjoy my relationship with the Holy Spirit. He has a fabulous sense of humor – have you tapped into that yet?
9. Lighten up and remember that life happens and things pass.
10. Ask for help. I will be writing on this topic because I have a hard time asking for help.
Note: I wrote this several years ago. It's still spot on.